Friday, July 11, 2008

Grocery Shopping

I concluded some time ago that grocery receipts are intentionally long and convoluted to make you think you were getting a good deal on something.



Long = better.


Short = not so good.



A short grocery list at $70 is less good (no need to correct grammar) than a long grocery list at $70.



Now, the grocery store has gone one better.



For the second time this week, I have gone grocery shopping and a portion of one of the receipts is below:





What clearly is not showing up well (it is a grocery receipt after all) is that one item I purchased was a watermelon. A small one relative to some I have had in the past. The cost was $67.97 for ONE watermelon. I have one of those cards for the grocery store and so my cost was $5.65 - a savings of $62.32, for an overall shopping cart savings of $76.94.

Now, a long list and a savings of $76. Not bad. I can walk away and not feel too bad about spending over $110 for a few bags of groceries.






Getting screwed in the wallet



Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.