Thursday, April 3, 2008

Please spy on me

I cannot remember when I became passionate about my privacy and our right to privacy. I cannot recall what moment or event changed everything for me. I have, I think, always been particularly bothered by anyone knowing anything about me that I did not divulge freely to that person or entity. I am very bothered by the questions the IRS ask when you call them. If you haven't called them recently, do so, for fun.

I believe it has been a dozen years since my interest was perked in the tools used by the government to monitor communications. I do not believe a year has passed that I have not said aloud that I believe our rights are slowly being subverted. That is where I diverge from the fringe fear groups. Our government is not the worst offender nor as violative of our rights, nor are they the most invasive force in our lives. We open our lives up to corporate intrusion, give our numbers over, exchange details, and permit business to dig deeper into our lives, all under the argument that it will make our lives better/simpler/faster/easier/safer.

While you watch the front door (government) you left the back door open and have been assuming the position for business to violate what remains of our privacy.

The government may listen to my calls, read my email, and otherwise listen in to my life. They will very quickly get bored and flee out of boredom. If ever the moment arose to catch their interest, I would appreciate notification of what it was that caught their attention, and I would proceed to do it every day for fun (to alleviate boredom). If I am speaking to Baba Louie in Louan and we are conspiring to blow up brand new cracker jack boxes and commit mass murder, our government has the obligation to act and possesses every right in doing so to protect 300 million Americans from mass destruction and death. I may not appreciate it when they bust my door down and arrest me for the criminal activity, BUT, given the fact I am not interested in cracker jacks nor committing any sort of mass anything, I can say I find that response by government to be completely acceptable.

However, what if I am innocent (really and not just in my fantasy legal world) and they bust my door down and break several Ming vases and smash a few french doors and break a couple 32 inch screen computer monitors as they yank the computers out. What then? I would expect, when everything is sorted out, that the government pay my lawyer, pay me for my doors, monitors, and any other legitimate costs/expenses PLUS provide a letter of apology. A letter of apology NOT for doing what they legitimately believed was for the good of the American people, but for breaking stuff. I am not owed an apology for law enforcement doing their job (assuming again, that it is within the scope of their duties and everything done was done within the parameters of the law). Otherwise, we should ask for a letter of apology when they fail to do their duty as well, in which case, I would wonder, why they heck they bother doing what they do, if they are always apologizing.

I expect my government to use every resource possible to prevent evil people from committing evil acts upon the American people, and upon civilians world wide when possible. Failure to do so is a failure on their part and their job responsibilities. They should be fired.

I will not demand they curtsy when they come into my home while I plot mass destruction. That expectation of behavior on their part is naive and dangerous. JUST STOP THE EVIL DOERS BEFORE they can do more evil and if you do that, I will be happy.

Whatever it takes to catch them and stop them. 6 planes X 285 = 1710 people blown to pieces, shark food. I wonder what they would think when asked the following (my imaginary conversation with one person who would be on a plane): Hello, you will die in a horrible bomb attack on a plane flying over the Atlantic with your baby and daughter and husband next to you. I was wondering, would you prefer the government to curtsy before entering the residence of a suspected evil-doer or just smash the door down and perhaps inconvenience the plotters a little. Which would be preferred - your civil liberties violated or you being shark food!

This story is going somewhere and here is where it is going. Details of plots to blow up airliners over the Atlantic, from late 2006, are now becoming public during the trial. It should terrify everyone.

04 April 2008, The Scotsman: Terrorists plotted 'mass murder in mid-air'


A GANG of Islamic fanatics plotted to blow at least seven airliners out of the sky as they crossed the Atlantic, creating a death toll "on an almost unprecedented scale", a court heard yesterday.

The eight men accused of planning to bring down the planes in August 2006 could have been targeting as many as 18 flights, the jury was told. Liquid explosives disguised as soft drinks were to have been smuggled on to the planes and assembled on board. The bombs would all have detonated in under three hours.


Further information was provided in court on April 4, 2008 and AFP reported the following:

The court was shown a video in which a man said to be Umar Islam, 29, also known as Brian Young, said he was seeking "revenge" for the actions of the United States and its "accomplices such as the British and the Jews."

Wearing a traditional Islamic headscarf and sitting in front of a black flag emblazoned with Arabic script, Islam said: "We are doing this in order to gain the pleasure of our Lord, and Allah loves us to die and kill in his fires.

"Martyrdom operations upon martyrdom operations will keep on raining on these kuffars (non-believers) until they release us and leave our lands," he added.

Another defendant, Abdulla Ahmed Ali, also known as Ahmed Ali Khan, 27, said in his video he was the leader of the "blessed operation" and referred to Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
"Sheikh Osama has warned you many times to leave our lands or you will be destroyed, and now the time has come for you to be destroyed," he said.

The fact Islam does not condone this behavior is irrelevant. These individuals believe it does and act upon that belief, making the faith, an accomplice to evil unless they are cut from the faith. if that faith embraces them and does not repudiate their beliefs, it is embracing the lies.

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.