Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dumber We Are

I have approximately 50 phone numbers in my cell phone. Of the 50. I know 2 by memory. I was thinking about this a few days ago - when I was younger we had a landline and as I recall it was plugged into the wall and could not be moved. Back then, I knew at least five or six phone numbers - we had to, we didn't have cell phones, PDA-type objects or any other device to keep phone numbers for us when we were out playing or at home and had the urge to call our friend down the street. We had to use our memory. Now we don't. Now we rely upon the cell phone for our memory. We are much too busy - what this means exactly I do not think has yet to be figured out nor understood - we shall see.

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.