Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An innocents words

August 4, 2008
Tim McLean Jr., in his own words
By ADAM CLAYTON, SUN MEDIA
Winnipeg Sun


A profile Tim McLean Jr. posted on a dating website paints a picture of a young man who loved to travel and dreamed of someday starting his own business.

"I'm 22, but don't let my age fool you. I've lived quite the life so far and still going strong. I've already travelled most of Canada by myself, just got the east coast left," he wrote. "I plan on travelling a lot in my life and where better to start than home."

McLean was the victim of a brutal attack in which a 40-year-old Edmonton man allegedly stabbed the Winnipegger repeatedly and beheaded him.

The 22-year-old described himself as a laid-back person who liked to listen to music and wanted to learn how to play bass guitar. He also mentioned plans for the future.

"I'm the lead hand at my work which basically means I'm the boss next to the boss," he wrote. "I also plan on starting my own business in the next year or so mainly because I wanna be my own boss ... why work to make someone else the big money?"

McLean also described himself as "the life of the party", someone friends turned to when feeling bored.

"I'm the guy that when everything goes wrong I make it right," he wrote. "I'm the guy who brings everyone together to spend a day at the park ... I'm the guy who's mature but if there are kids around I'm the guy who spends all day playing and spoiling them rotten."

**************************************

I include the above, because too often the act and the killer cover the page and the victim fades into obscurity, but for the act committed.


In other news - the only words Li uttered to the Judge at his initial hearing was 'Please kill me'


I think Canada should honor his request.












Li


Cannibal killer

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.