Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Malibu

I was sitting here, napping, and during the half state of wake and sleep, in between coughing and sneezing, I wondered what it would be like living with the noise of the ocean 24/7. Like a train I suppose. After decades living next to a train, I suppose you don't hear it.

I was at a restaurant in Malibu. Very nice, food and location. On the beach, secluded type, never understood the mobile homes in there, but that is an aside unless you live there. Nice place. On the beach they have these, structures, like large pillows with a covering of some type. It was night so I never saw very clearly. I walked on the beach for a few minutes, and ... the noise - soothing and somehow primordial in its attraction. I used to go to Malibu just to walk on the beach - an attraction to the ocean. Same thing when I went to St Croix. Even better in fact. Yet what about 24/7 with the noise. Do they have triple paned windows.

Maybe for a couple days, but not much more.

I like the quiet. Now - if only I could get the moat and wall.







malibu

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.