Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rude and Inconsiderate People


Only ONE comment.

The Bell Inn
The Street
Middleton, Saxmundham
011441728648286
(they are 8 hrs ahead of us in California)


Overall, a delightful time until Sunday when I made a mistake and went into this pub.

Three of us went in, I was the slowest to arrive at the counter, having stopped outside to look at the menu. I saw what I needed to see (the menu outside the door showed: cod fish and chips), arrived at the counter.

Person with me: What will you have
Me: Do you have fish and chips?
Bartender (whose name may be John): No ... (frosty look) ... not on Sunday.

We all know that there are ways to say something, and then there are WAYS TO SAY SOMETHING. The LOOK this man gave me could freeze a river. Like I had just asked to shag his daughter. He should have said: Sorry, we don't serve fish on Sunday.

I chose something else to eat.

Another person walked 3-4 feet to look into the dining room, deciding where we should sit - inside or outside. Mr. Frosty (possibly John) looked at him like he had just shagged his wife.

After lunch, I walked up to pay the bill. Mr. Frosty was looking down at a tab he was producing for another victim standing next to me. He looked up and I opened my mouth -

"I'd like to pay the bill"

Mr. Frosty looked up like he just finished watching his worst enemy shag his daughter, and said:
"I don't suppose that in America they say please and thank you!" as he reached for his pad of paper.

My mind raced - when have I not said please in a restaurant - whether asking for a fork, napkin, bill, drink ... never. And now Mr. Frosty was attacking Americans as rude.

I quickly stuck a 'please' into the conversation. "Please."
he gave me another frosty look and began ciphering aloud, ripped off the bill and handed it to me.

I paid the bill and we left MINUS a tip.

I do not think I have ever had someone behave so rudely toward me in all my travels and visits. The single most rude individual I have ever met outside the United States. He was rude before I got there. He was rude the moment he woke up. This man has issues. He just bought the pub 18 months ago ... he hopefully will not be around in another 18 months.

Frosty Fuckhead needs an attitude adjustment.

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.