Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Neighbors





Thankfully Mr. Obama's mortgage resurrection was not enough to save the default on the home next door. It was sold (for more than it was worth I think) three months ago to a gentleman from Nevada. The new owner reminded me more of a cattle rancher than a homeowner, but in any event, he bought the house and turned it over to his daughters to manage. They in turn handed it to a rental firm.

On Wednesday my new neighbors moved in. Three Marines. One on active duty, two have finished their service (although I am unsure of the status other than the fact they are not active - as in how long on reserve).

The husband (still active) and wife (inactive) have two daughters. They have a housemate, also inactive from the Marines.

I am happy. If I had it to offer, I would offer them the chance to buy the place.

I wandered about on the 4th, doing little of anything, but able to, because of the many who stand ready to defend this nation, and all those men and women who have given their lives so that we might stand on our roof to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July.















Marines

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.