Saturday, January 31, 2009

Attention Whores

Ever know an attention whore? I know many. Too many. Without bragging because it shows less braggadocio than it shows greater insignificance - I get about 250 unique hits a week, many of the individuals who land here, are directed to this site as a result of, or consequence of their 'relationship' with me. I don't advertise, I don't care. I actually don't care more than I care. This 'blog' was intended as a journal of sorts for myself, to remind myself why I don't care, and a method of 'filing' articles I could / may / would search as evidence of something in the future. I didn't do it to make it known who I was. Who I am makes no difference to anyone, even to the dalits.

I don't seek the attention - just the message. You may disagree with the message - your choice, and you may well have your own stockpile of evidence to support whatever it is you wish to believe. I don't care. Neither do you, really. Let's put it out there and let others decide - what we think is less relevant than we may wish to acknowledge (if you teach at one of our great academic institutions, you most likely believe everything that oozes from that mouth of yours is crucial to human existence - IT IS NOT). Takes a little wisdom to discern the difference between what is and is not all that important.

In any event, it is all a choice - what we choose to believe, the evidence we will accept, and that evidence we will not recognize as existing (somewhat like the man who stands alone in his field and refuses to acknowledge the existence of a provable object in front of him, because it would inextricably alter his world). It does not change the facts, just our perception of how wise or useful he may or may not be.

Our world, our life is so much more complicated than the simple emotional torments we may experience from time to time, and rather than wallow in our misery or unhappiness (as so many do), why not find something more useful to do. for one thing, stop breathing - we will, within some period of time, need more oxygen, and I for one do not wish to share - so the fewer there are of you (the whining class), the better. Stop using the internet - it is not worth it anyway. Your thick-skulls will never absorb anything of any importance and it means you are using electricity - something precious (and soon to be even more precious) in California. You could be useful if you chose to be useful. It is a choice. We all have choices, and what we do with those choices determines who and what we are.

Desiring peace is beautiful - it may as well be Haight and Ashbury '68 - seeking peace is not the same as wanting peace. I don't really give a shit what people want. It is what people do to achieve peace - and that does not include seeking peace for the sake of peace (someone on Haight and Ashbury in 1968 on LSD would say something like that). You have a choice - and that choice will determine the future course of this country - desire peace, seek peace, or chase after peace at all costs.

This country is far more important that your pettiness, than your simple wants and desires. IT MUST stand, now and in 100 years, for it is the choice of millions, it is the future of freedom, and if we chase after your moronic desires, you will assist in ending that hope, because your choice was based upon emotion and not reason, logic, or the facts.

Realitystupor. Interesting. The reason I used the H/A example.






San Francisco

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.