Monday, August 23, 2010

Republicans prove why they should be called the Retardicans

And the whack jobs just keep on coming -


Kim Lehman, who is one of Iowa’s two national Republican Committee members, may be one of the first national committee members to publicly state she believes Obama is a Muslim.



In a speech in Egypt in June 2009, Obama said he is a Christian. But Lehman said the speech “just had the appearance that he was aligning himself with the Muslims.”


Lehman in a telephone interview this morning said what matters is not her personal view that Obama is a Muslim, but his own answer to the issue.


“He’s the one that the news is about. It isn’t about me. Call the president. … Say, ‘Are you a Christian or not?’” Lehman said. “If I’m wrong, I’m more than happy to say, ‘Oh, I’m wrong.”



HEY!  Lehman ... he has already said he is Christian, so ... how about you apologizing and stop the lies.
 
Do I like the man?  No.
 
Do I think he is a good or decent president?  Nope.
 
Do I hope he runs again?  Never.
 
Do I like anything about his policies?  Almost nothing.
 
But that doesn't mean I like lies and slander.  Don't malign the man or his more than 20 years in a Christian church led by a preacher who would make most preachers look and appear downright questionable on their passion for God.
 
Do I believe Obama is doing a great disservice to this country and Western Civilization by saying and doing some of the things he has vis a vis Muslims and Islam - yes.  But get over it, criticize on actions, not on a whole idiotic path fools will follow, along with the Birthers - you have a whole section of the right wing of the Republican party ready to take a leap off a cliff over the fear they have created concerning this man.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.