Friday, June 19, 2009

Peaches and Max - PR Stunt?! or a Love that was never there.

Peaches Geldof's marriage a PR stunt
15/06/2009



Peaches Geldof's whirlwind marriage was a "publicity stunt", her ex-husband has admitted.

Chester French rocker Max Drummey, who wed Peaches in Las Vegas last year after dating her for just a month, has confessed the pair tied the knot to boost their celebrity status.

He said: "It was totally a publicity stunt - 100 percent. I'm glad we got married. I've garnered so much amazing publicity from awesome people."

Max claims he is still making money from the marriage and says he stays in contact with 20-year-old Peaches because it keeps him in the public spotlight.

The musician is quoted on website MailOnline as saying: "I have her on retainer. Not as my PR, as my friend. On my personal payroll. She's my friend for money. She also orchestrates publicity stunts for me."

Peaches and Max wed at Las Vegas' Little White Chapel last August, but their marriage lasted just six months.

The 20-year-old presenter - the daughter of charity campaigner Bob Geldof - recently claimed she didn't regret the union.

Peaches said: "Max and I are really good friends. We were just too young. That's all it was. I still love the idea that we did it. I love the idea I can tell my kids one day about it and I know he does too."

Just two months after the pair tied the knot, Peaches admitted she didn't expect the relationship to last.

She said: "I didn't go into it with Max thinking, 'This is going to last forever,' but I did go into it thinking, 'I love him right now and I know that I'll continue to love him for a long while.' He thinks the same."

************************************

I do not comment on celebrities very often, in part, because they do not deserve the publicity, and in part because this blog, a reflection of, in large part, what I am thinking about, does not include thoughts about movie or other celebirties.

However, this one stuck out for one reason.

Imagine the following. Imagine Max really did, very much did, was as much as was possible - in love with Peaches. Imagine he was, and imagine she was using him, stringing him along as a toy while she was interested. Imagine he loved her (as much as anyone can after such a short time) - and then imagine she loses interest and trots off to engage in her other pursuits, chasing men, drinking, drugs, parties, life back in jolly old England ... and when she goes, she makes statements like: Max and I are really good friends. We were just too young. That's all it was. I didn't go into it with Max thinking, 'This is going to last forever,' but I did go into it thinking, 'I love him right now and I know that I'll continue to love him for a long while.'

And imagine you are Max, deeply hurt by her words.

What could you say that would make Peaches feel like crap and would tell the world (whoever cared) that she was used, and wasn't worth more than that!

Now re-read the article.









Battle Royale - Love and War

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.