Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cell Phones

Still thinking.

The iphone has almost everything a human being (at this time) could want ... except email push.  Emails come every 15 minutes.  What if I want the email in 1 second?  Not a winner.  What if I use any Android system phone?  Not winners.  And there are a number of systems I would give body parts to have (if I was a phone) - the Xperia was the first and the best.  It was slick and cutting edge with the screens and technology, BUT when it came to America it became Android and only available with AT&T.

The iphone is perfect - large screen, pinch to make bigger or smaller, great system and great resolution.  BUT email sucks.  For people who don't care - it is perfect.  For me, I want the message in 1 second and don't find it unreasonable to expect very little time between SEND and RECEIVE.

Obviously wind, rain, snow, and servers impact the process - or mainly the servers and usage and lines and ... but still, assuming all is up and working, it should be instantaneous.

That puts me back at scratch.

Except

Blackberry is about to release a tablet (within next 4-6 weeks) that would be tethered to a smartphone, and would be a large screen, touchscreen, instant emails and messaging, and a brilliant OS with options I haven't used but might well (image / photos and videos).  More than that - I suppose I could integrate it into my life - carrying the 5x7 unit around is a bit big, but I tested out a same size width cutout I did and it fits in most coat pockets. 

The question is - do I get it or not.  Do I do the iphone, do I switch carriers and go with my first love - Xperia.  I never spent this much energy on what computer to buy or what car to buy.  In two years I can do it again, except ... it is a lot of money we spend on these things (and the service) over two years and I need to feel comfortable doing so.

Then I will be more than willing to spend the time explaining to however many hundreds of people, why it is the best.  I need the best and only the best.











phones

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.