Thursday, May 7, 2009

Farrah

I remember going to the mall with my sister as a kid, and walking through the mall, passing a store that was a curio type - carrying all sorts of odds and ends, including a poster of Farrah on their front window. I stopped my sister and asked her if I could get the poster. She said no. I threw a temper tantrum and she bought me the poster. I didn't really know who this woman was, but I knew I had a crush on her and would, several years later, watch her television show in re-runs and recall seeing her poster for the first time in that mall, and then, on my bedroom wall. I still have it somewhere.



She was the most beautiful woman in the world when I was 7 or 8 or whatever age I was and she is no less so now. Even though none of us, around the world, knew her personally, millions had that poster, and perhaps still have it, somewhere.














Farrah Fawcett's dad, 91, flies in to say goodbye




Farrah Fawcett's 91-year-old father James is flying into Los Angeles to say goodbye to his dying daughter, reports RadarOnline.com and KTLA.

Farrah's condition has allegedly worsened. The 62-year-old actress and Hollywood icon is battling anal cancer that spread, according to doctor's statements.

Ryan O'Neal revealed in an interview with People today that her "treatment" has pretty much ended and that her cancer has spread to her liver. He reveals that she stays in bed now and is on IVs.O'Neal says, "She stays in bed now. The doctors see that she is comfortable. Farrah is on IVs, but some of that is for nourishment."

"It's a love story," he tells People. "I just don't know how to play this one. I won't know this world without her,"

















Farrah

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.