Saturday, May 9, 2009

Liberalism is a Serious Illness and Academia Contributes to the Disease.

I received the following from a person who pays to attend the educational institution where I am employed. I would call the person a student, but that is in serious doubt given the fact the student is seemingly beyond hope - in writing, respect, and comprehending the simplest of issues.

I have pasted the 2 page paper, in its entirety, including grammatical mistakes. The only details I am omitting - the individuals name, names of the relatives, and a smiley face at the end of the final sentence. I have no comment, none that even begins to address what was written, and certainly no comment that I will post on this page.








Since I do not teach this class and my opinions are usually brushed aside, I decided to put a few my thoughts to paper for my final unit review.

NO, I am not brainwashed by Palestinian media. I am merely an observer of the realities that are not implemented in the sources you present in class. I speak from experience, and it seems to me, that you speak of what you think you know. I have visited Palestine and Israel a total of five times throughout my life [Note: This person turned 18 years of age a month prior]. The most recent time was the summer of 2008. Each year the treatment of my people and injustice worsens.

I have seen the apartheid wall that has been built to confiscate land and destroy communities. I had my camera smashed to pieces at a check-point by and Israeli soldier when he saw me taking a picture of an Israeli tank. I saw an interview with a Holocaust survivor who doesn’t support the illegal occupation of Palestine and was abused because of it. I saw an IDF soldier pointing a gun at an old woman because she stepped over a line. She was waiting in line at the Jordanian / Israeli border. I saw a Jewish-Israeli Journalist being tormented by her fellow Israelis. I met Craig Corrie, the father of Rachel Corrie, a volunteer with the International Solidarity Movement in the Occupied Territories, who was killed by a Caterpillar D9 armoured bulldozer operated by the Israel Defense Forces in the Gaza Strip while courageously trying to prevent the demolition of a Palestinian home.

Just this week, my 18 year old cousin Yxxxx and 12 year old cousin Mxxxx, who live in the West Bank, have been severely hurt by the occupation. Israel dumps their nuclear and chemical waste in Palestinian lands especially in the southern parts of the West Bank. Through their drinking water my cousins have been exposed to this waste and are now suffering from severe health problems.

You discuss in your class the issues of suicide bombing. I do not agree with the act, for I don’t believe innocent people should be killed at all, but I understand why people do it. This is an ethnic cleansing you don’t know about.

ONE MORE THING! The assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin on Nov. 4, 1995, by right-wing Israeli extremist network was on account of Rabin accepting the accords and Arafat accepting them as well. Not wanting to budge from their illegal settlements, Israelis killed him. They didn’t like the guy very much. Menachem Begin became the first right-wing Prime Minister just after Rabin’s murder. Hmmm.

BUUUUT of course it is I who is brainwashed by the Palestinian media; and it is you who has been to Palestine and Israel and isn’t brainwashed by American media. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.



If we clipped away all the drivel, silliness, foolishness, nonsense, and lies - we wouldn't have much to read. Six words - I do not teach this class.





















stupid things

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.