Sunday, November 23, 2008

TV Redemption

I do not watch television. In the past year, I have watched about three hours of television, and maybe a dozen hours of news. Neither is worth watching. I do not watch network television. I am not retarded. I have not been hit upside the head by my in-bred parents. I did not fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. I do not stare into space and imagine I am accomplishing an important task. If I did any of the aforementioned, I would probably watch television programs on ABC, NBC, CBS ... but I don't. And the funny part - it shows.

Programs are being cancelled right and left. Actors out of work, corporations scratching around for money. My wish is when we stop watching their crap, they hire someone who actually has an idea what the majority of Americans have an interest in - rather than a subset of a minority, or the political leanings of a few martyred souls.

One program on television is worth watching. The actors - superb; the production - brilliant; and the heart-stopping, pulse-wrenching material keeps you waiting, guessing, and wanting more.

'24' is that program.


I will watch 1 hour each week plus the rare bits of news. I suspect between now and next November - I should be good for 20 hours of television. It is a good thing HBO and SHOWTIME exist, or I would have to actually finish reading all the books I buy.

[This is not to cast a glowing halo upon the program '24' - it has its own issues. I would not have produced a PSA, nor should they have. A schedule that seriously sucks - January through April or May! And a few issues with illogical writing in previous seasons. However - when contrasted with the crap on the other channels - '24' is light years beyond.]







television

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.