Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tsunami

In all my years of voting - from  West Los Angeles to Phoenix, Tempe to Westwood, and a half dozen other places I have never had to wait for nearly 30 minutes to vote.  The closest was in Westwood in 1996 (presidential year) when I had to wait for 10-15 people.  Today, at a polling site, I had to wait nearly 30 minutes, and more than 80 people were in line.  At a precinct where, in presidential years the numbers are 400-500 people voting - the number when I left was over 1200 (and 80+ were still in line).

The numbers are historic and I would be very concerned if I was inside looking at the wave about to capsize my boat and send me into near oblivion.










election

Make Mine Freedom - 1948


American Form of Government

Who's on First? Certainly isn't the Euro.